Thursday, June 3, 2010

Maui!!!

I know, I know...we were in Maui a month ago. When I take a million pictures I usually stop blogging because the thought of sorting through them all and finding just the best ones to post is overwhelming. I'm giving in though and just posting...you might not get a carefully chosen selection but "I just can't take it anymore." (Cue me ripping off my glasses to fake drown.)

Maui was, oh what's the word...AMAZING! So good. Everything I ever dreamed it would be. It was warm, it was sunny, it was salty, it was sandy, it was America, it was expensive. Oh, maybe that should be on the con list?
Berkley was a trooper. I really mean it. He was great on the flights both coming and going, he was an angel on the beach and in the car and sleeping wherever we were whenever he got tired. I really can't say enough how great he was. He did suffer a little jet lag so we took EARLY family walks on the beach, but it was also kind of great to be by ourselves on the beach like that.

We swam, we snorkeled, we ate, we played, we hiked. On my first snorkel experience, I'm not going to lie I was nervous. I don't know why but it kind of freaked me out, but once we got started it wasn't so bad. We saw lots of fish and 3 sea turtles. The second time, at a different location I saw another sea turtle and 3 SHARKS! For real. 63 and Larry were beckoning April and Marisha and I to come look at something and there they were, 3 sharks in an underwater cave. I didn't get too close so I was telling people they were 3-4 feet and 63 and Larry who were practically making out with the beasts were like, no Whitney, those were bigger than you, they were easily 6 feet. YIKES. Glad I didn't realize that until I was out of the water.

We took a ferry over to Lanai one of the days and that was awesome. Clear blue water, dolphins jumping out of the water, schools of brightly colored fish underneath us as we snorkeled. We walked around the 4 Seasons resort there. Amazing, the gardens there were beautiful and their Koi made the ones at my work look like tadpoles. And that's saying something.

We drove to Hana and hiked through a bamboo forest too. It was beautiful! Well those are the highlights and in an effort to keep this somewhat brief I'll leave it at that. Mission Maui was definitely a success.




8 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great trip! Hawaii is fantastic! Babies are amazing, they go with the flow and can adapt very well as long as Mama is there.

Margie Quilter said...

Whit, Berk really is so cute!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Sounds like fun, I would have been out o that water so fast if I had seen sharks, holy cow you are brave

Kathleen said...

do you have any underwater pics of those sharks? emily would LOVE it! (she's semi-obsessed w/sharks.) sounds like an amazing trip--'glad you all had a great time and berk was so good! lucky you!

beckie said...

2 thoughts
1. The girl in the background of the first shot is hilarious
2. The bamboo reminds me of LOST, did you see any others?

Mary said...

Glad you didn't fall off the fatal cliff. And yes you should call me.

Sommer said...

I didn't know you went to Maui! Wow you've been all over the world in the past two year! Lucky girl. I'm glad you had fun and that Berk was so good for you. Great pictures by the way! Some of them made me laugh, like the random girl in the first picture, and the one of your family in the car. I loved the picture of you and Berkley on the beach, and the one of Berkley and his little friend sitting on the blanket at the beach. So cute!

Amber said...

My favorite picture is the one of Berkley sitting in the airplane chair like a big boy. So adorable.