Sunday, December 21, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. When it comes to Christmas totally wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL!! I mean, sure mine is dry already and practially falling apart and a fire hazard, last night when my friend Lauryn walked in and said "it smells like pine" it was all worth it.
3. When do you put up the tree? ASAP, right after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? When I get back in town I suppose.
5. Do you like eggnog? Um, no.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The one I wanted the most and then got was probably my Molly American Girls doll.
7. Hardest person to buy for? I think my Grandma, I never really know what to get her.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Well, this year Shawn was pretty easy...the hardest part was narrowing down my ideas.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? YES! We just got it in the mail two days ago, my in-laws sent it to us for an early Christmas present so we (I, let's be honest) could enjoy it for the season.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail I guess, but I don't really send them so I feel a tad guilty getting them.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Um...I don't know...I have to think.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Mr. Krueger's Christmas. I really look forward to watching it every year and never make it to the end without crying. If you don't know what it is I recommend seeking it out.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I see something I want to get for someone. I think October this year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not a Christmas gift.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? You're asking me to choose? I'll pick two, Peanut Blossoms and Apricot cookies my mom makes, they are freaking delish.
16. Colored or Clear Lights? Hmmm...I like solid strands, color, clear it doesn't matter. But I also like roofs lined with red and green alternating because I think its festive. To my mom's dismay I actually aspire to be a very tacky Christmas yard decorator.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh, Holy Night hands down.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel as long as we live in Utah. It really is a time for family.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? I prefer a star.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? In our family we open all of the presents under the tree on Christmas Eve after reading Luke:2 and then Santa comes and we open those in the morning.
21. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't really care as long as there's red. What's Christmas without red?
22. White or Warm Christmas? White. One of my favorite Christmas memories was just a few years ago with a snowy Christmas Eve tractor ride with Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Siblings, and Grandma through rural Pennsylvania. We bundled up and sung carols. Sound too good to be true? It almost was.
23. Favorite Christmas Tradition? Wow, too many to choose from but I really do just love when my whole family is together at the kitchen table playing games.
24. Favorite Christmas Location? My parent's.
25. Who do you tag? Anyone who loves Christmas as much as I do. I mean, I've been a little tired of being tagged but on this one I couldn't refuse.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Holiday weight gain equal to my own. What? Listen, if we all get fat then none of us are fat OK.
Friday, December 5, 2008
This window from our living room into the kitchen has been deemed my holiday window and it has been festive for Halloween, Thanksgiving and now Christmas, its fun to have an area to change up like that.
Monday, December 1, 2008
On Sunday morning we had to say fairwell to the Sechrist's. It was sad for the boys to have to leave the Wii, I mean, Uncle Shawn I mean, me. Yeah, proably in that order.