Wednesday, April 20, 2011

18 Month Skills

Berky is now 19 months old...and to celebrate I'd like to post a list that I made on his 18 month birthday of all his words. But first, his funny statistics...

Weight, 22 lbs 5th percentile
Height, 31 inches? 40th percentile
Head, big, 90th percentile

Words:

thank you
bye bye
uh-oh
oh-no
no
da da
mama
kitty
Cricket
April
night-night
ball
sister
doggie
shoe
amen
what's that?
right there
whoa
front door
meow
hiss (like a snake)
howl (like a wolf)
fishy
me
fake snoring (he doesn't say this as much as do this)
ho ho ho
bubble
vroom
peek-a-boo
growl (he does this for most animals)
turtle

rare words:

I love you
soap
sock
yellow
blue

As I look this list over I'm amazed at how many more words he's learned in a month, and how many more animal sounds. My favorite is lobster, he clicks his tongue and makes pinchers with his fingers.

What a cute kid!


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

he's got kari by about a pound! (head size though, they're definitely related!!) that's AMAZING that he says that many words!! at 15 mos, kari "sings" and makes raptor noises when teased or provoked.