Friday, January 16, 2009

Paper It Is

So, as some of you may not know the traditional first anniversary gift is paper. And, Shawn and I are never ones to break traditions so we bought ourselves some anniversary paper. Item one: 2 paper tickets to Barcelona, Spain, Item two: 2 paper tickets aboard the Norwegian Jade cruise ship from Barcelona, Spain to Rome, Italy, to Athens, Greece, to Izmir (Ephesus), Turkey, to Alexandria (Cairo, Giza), Egypt, to Valletta, Malta back to Barcelona, Spain.

So, we'll be gone February 12th through the 27th and we'll be loving every minute of it. I'm pretty excited!!! I've posted before how much I want to go to Egypt and I couldn't be more thrilled. My mother couldn't be less so. You win some, you lose some.

Man, I sure love paper gifts.

17 comments:

Amber said...

I am so excited for you!!! You are going to love every minute of it. Remember, EAT UP on your cruise. There's no shame in getting several entrees at dinner. And think of your blog posts when you return!

Anja said...

whatever.....how jealous am I....have lots of fun and take lots of pictures!!

Kathleen said...

wow! what a trip! i'm so jealous! see, aren't you glad that you didn't get "baby happy" too early??? it's fun to be a couple! cubby said not to get drunk and fall off of the ship :-)

Jessica said...

Yea for you and Shawn!! You're going to have a great time!

You know what paper gift I love??
Money!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Paper Anniversary!!! Love you two.

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Cruises are the best, I'm so jealous, have lots and lots and lots of fun and take lots of pictures, maybe climb a pyramid or two at one of your destinations! We can't wait to see you guys

laura said...

That is seriously so fantastic! Happy anniversary, indeed!!

BTW, love the top photo. You're gorgeous.

Rebecca said...

I didn't see any mention of paper tickets to come home after your Mediteranean cruise. I hope you are planning to return to "normal" life after all that fun.

...April* said...

We'll house watch for you if you bring us back a pyramid

Candace said...

congrats!! and wow...that is a great paper gift. how clever you two are!!! have fun!!

laninaki said...

That's the greatest paper gift ever. What an awesome trip!

Mary said...

Although I already told you my insides are green and I can only think of horrible names to call you.

Sommer said...

you little stinker, I am so jeolous!!!!!!! That's beyond awesome!!! Take lots and lots and lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you!

Spring Robinson said...

I could not be more jealous...go ahead live it up...I'll stay home and change some diapers!

Mendy said...

Rub it in, rub it in. JK. I am happy for you, Chica. I can't wait to hear about your Egyptian adventures.

Tracy said...

What?! Have fun while the rest of us envy you.

The Russell's said...

WOW, IM SO JEALOUS! YOU GUYS MUST BE LOADED!! WE JUST WENT TO MOAB FOR OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY... DOESNT EVEN COMPARE