Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Boy

Sunday was Shawn's 35th birthday!

The celebration really started on Friday because I had to give him his birthday present then. I got him a small TV for the kitchen so he could watch the news while he eats his breakfast and makes his lunch. It's the simple things in life that please him. The cable guy was coming on Friday so I couldn't really save it for Sunday.

On Saturday we went out to dinner and a movie. We saw the Terminator (which I had no desire to see, but it was his birthday, his pick.) And ate at the Olive Garden.

Then on Sunday, his actual birthday, we had a Lindseth dinner with their mom's casserole and a giant chocolate cake. The cake wasn't meant to be giant but since I dropped one tier on the floor the night before and started bawling hysterically (I'm pregnant), he went to the store to get more stuff and it ended up being a three tier cake that the lid wouldn't even fit on.

What I'm saying is, its been days and we're still eating chocolate cake.

I think he had a great birthday weekend event overall.

15 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a big boy!! Happy Birthday!! - Cubby

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Happy Birthday Shawn, it looks like your cake turned out a lot better than Kaylee's cake, which was falling apart by the time we had her party, are you sure there are enough candles on the cake?

Margie Quilter said...

ha ha you cried!!! Happy Birthday to your husband and I LOVED your cake, HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laura said...

Happy Birthday, Shawn.
A three layer giant chocolate cake. Why did I not think of this before? Come July 15th I'll know what to do.

Anja said...

that is a freaking huge cake!

Mendy said...

If I lived at all closer to you, I would be all over that chocolate cake. It looks divine!

Sommer said...

Ah the joys of pregnancy homones! I love the first picture of Shawn with his cake.

Sommer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

And many more!!! Love you!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday to Shawn!! The cake looks delish!

Mary said...

Oh the joys of being pregnant and tender hearted. But the end result of the huge cake has a wow factor that a normal cake just wouldn't have. See God had a hand in this. Ha he he ha.

Beckie said...

Happy Birthday Shawn! Funny thing, I had very similar experience with Jon's birthday cake this year except with trying to icing it. Lots of tears and a very bewildered husband.

The Wiseman Life said...

That is one amazing cake! I am impressed!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday! Love all the candles -- too funny with all that smoke!

The Olsons said...

Happy b-lated birthday! Love the bangs! Pregnancy not only causes the emotions to run high but your memory goes too!! :) It is all worth it in the end!!