Monday, September 14, 2009

Here's Berk's Room!

I originally wanted to do a little more, like hang stars from the ceiling and such, but I changed my mind because I just couldn't figure out how to make it look nice and not cluttered. So, we have glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. Anyway, here's the view from the doorway.

Here's the opposite wall. The view from another corner.
Shawn did the three pictures you see on the other wall and these two. He drew them and scanned them and colored them and we had them printed at Kinko's so they'd look really nice. I love the way they turned out. The cute name and spaceship my friend Molly made and sent it to us. I love it, what a fun surprise.
Here's a sort of closer view of that side of the room, the room is super tiny but I never know how to accurately show a room in pictures so maybe these are overkill. The mobile I got from a yard sale and took it apart and put on the planets we got in a solar system kit. It shoots light out of the top in stars and swirls that go on the walls and the ceiling and it spins and plays lullabies. I'm really happy with it.

This is the blanket that I made for the crib, along with the bumper. It turned out pretty crappy in all honesty but it goes with the theme of the room and seems to match the color scheme of the aliens so oh well. I have this problem where I think I can just do something even though I have absolutely no idea how and then I get angry when it doesn't turn out well.
So that's the room. I honestly do love it, hope you do too. Even if the walls aren't blue...Amber.

13 comments:

Anja said...

I think it's super cute and I love the theme!

molly said...

Great minds in deed!!! I love it!

Mendy said...

What are you talking about, that your quilt looks crappy? It's adorable! Are the stars a little bit puffy? It looks great!

The entire room is so cute. I love that Shawn made all those pictures. How sweet!

Look at you, ready to go! I can't wait for you to have your Berk.

Rebecca said...

It looks great with all your special touches. We can tell you are excited for Berk to arrive.

Mindee Graver said...

I love his room!! Its so cute, and your quilt is not crappy! You did a really good job on it, and the important thing is you did it! How sweet for little Berk =)

beckie said...

I love the pictures Shawn did, what a great idea.

It turned out great.

Melinda said...

Great! I love how it is personalized to your tastes. And those pictures are cool! You should take some close up pictures or scans to post. :)

Ashley said...

So cute! I'm pretty sure you could pull off anything or any color!

Rachelle said...

cute room! now come out baby!!!!

Kathleen said...

VERY cute, whitney (and shawn too)! i love how you did the mobile! (and the bedding turned out just fine--not crappy at all!!)

ps. we're sending you a check tomorrow--sorry it took awhile, what can i say, once and a great while, we're slackers (but not intentionally!) anyhow, thanks again for sending out those frames!

Mary said...

gee golly willakers, it's so cute. in case you needed more positive reinforcement after the above ten comments. but really it is.

amibelle said...

The room is great, and I love the mobile of the planets! I'm so excited to see him any day now!

Kristin Sokol said...

Amy showed me your darling nursery. How cute and creative. I can't believe how much you have done. You must be one of those on-top-of-it people. So cute. Happy pushing. (it's not that bad)