Thursday, October 29, 2009

Photography Fun

As you may or may not know I have been interested in photography since taking a few classes in high school. I love taking stills and interesting angles of objects and have never been great with portraits or landscapes, however I did work in a portrait studio after my Freshman year of collage and I loved that.

As you may or may not know I have been the victim of theft a time or two in my life. I had an old Canon 35mm SLR that I loved and it was stolen from my car in Las Vegas. I have been a film snob for a long time. Specifically a black and white film snob...I don't know that a roll of color film ever entered my camera. I love the look of film pictures. I love the feel of film pictures. And I fantasize, even still, about having a dark room in my home someday. Developing your own film and your own photos is so so so fun and rewarding. I thought I could never have a digital SLR because that would mean giving up on my dark room dream. Alas I began to desire a digital SLR knowing that until we're rich and have a mansion in which my dark room will be located digital is a bit more practical.

With that huge introduction here you have a few of my attempts at photographing my new boy with my new camera my loving husband bestowed on me for my birthday. (And since I'm usually the one behind the camera, if you'd like to see what I look like lately visit my friend April's new photography blog, she did a mini shoot of me and my boys.)







10 comments:

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Sweet pictures, you are great at it! I love the first one I can just imagine his sweet baby cry

Caitlin Skye said...

Oh he is SO cute. I love love that last picture... He looks so peaceful.

Mary said...

Fabulous pictures. And yes his shirt does say "I still live with my parents" and every time we go out people comment on it. Usually I hate clothes with words but this one is hilarious.

Rebecca said...

He is such a handsome boy, not to mention good natured and lovable. Keep up the good work on the photography, we really enjoy the pictures.

Mindee Graver said...

Thanks Whit. I love the picture of Berk and Shawn yelling! lol! that is hilarious!

courtney said...

shawn, please don't yell at your baby. i read your blog!

Mame said...

I particularly enjoy the one of them screaming at each other - it's really QUITE amusing

The Wiseman Life said...

Little Berk is such a cute little guy...we need to some see him soon. I love the pic of Shawn mouth open and Berk the same!
Your friend April took some awesome pics! Hope you are doing well!

Ashley said...

My favorite is the second to last. I love how both boys look like they're yelling at each other. Hope this isn't a sign of what's to come! :0)

shelly said...

Hey Whitney!! (Bre's sister here.) Your boy is gettin' big and looking great! I looked at your mommy/son pictures and have to tell you that I know the family in the post with you, the Boyce family. They were in our ward here in WA before moving to UT. Small world! Anyway, those are great pics of you two!