Saturday, August 28, 2010

Being Pregnant is FUN!

Sarcasm. Lots and lots of sarcasm.

I am very thankful for what I have. I love my family...I just don't love being an emotional, nauseous, exhausted mess every single day. Go figure.

I am 14 weeks pregnant and by week 16 last time I was feeling much better so at least I have that to look forward to! It still doesn't feel very real to me. I can't believe that I'm going to have 2 whole children to take care of but I am excited for it. I'm excited for them to be buddies. I'm excited to have a newborn to snuggle and smell.

My husband is marvelous. He never makes me feel stupid for all the crying, emotional ridiculousness of it all. What an amazing man.

Berky is walking! Not super steady yet but he takes as many as ten steps at a time now. He has been taking a step or 2 for a few weeks but in the past few days his balance has really improved.

All in all life is good. I'd really like to focus on the positive and not think about being sick. Soon I'll have 2 beautiful children and maybe enough energy to clean my house again. In the mean time, if anyone knows any maids who'll work for food send 'em my way.


6 comments:

Kathleen said...

sorry you're feeling so sick! yuck. you guys should move here so i could help you out! that's so great that berk is walking! you will be one busy mama once he gets going.... :-)

Tracy said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're a sicky while pregnant. I won't tell you how I never got sick and loved having a bun in the oven because I could eat whatever I wanted and didn't care since the weight was coming on anyway!
I do hope you feel better soon though. What a great man you have to be so patient!

Tony & Bre said...

I can so relate. I'm way less nauseous then I was at 14 weeks, but it's still not fun and I'm ready to feel normal again! Congrats on baby number 2!

Amber said...

Berky is walking!??!?! How did that happen. Make it stop!! Next is kindergarten and we will completely have skipped the phase where he likes his Aunt Amber. It's too much!

Mary said...

Here's to feeling better.

Sommer said...

I totally relate to you on the emotional mess level. I hate that the most about pregnancy, especially the first trimester. It's hard acting irrational and knowing that you are being so but not being able to stop. Hang in there though, you are well on your way into the second trimester. Hopefully your energy will come back and you will not feel so sick all the time.