Sunday, September 12, 2010

...And I Just Can't Hide It

So...I've been trying to play catch up chronologically but I'm interrupting our previously scheduled broadcast to bring you a gender announcement!

It's a GIRL!!! As in, sugar and spice and everything nice. As in, ribbons and bows and flowers and pink.

Can you believe it??? I know I can't. I REALLY thought it was a boy. I feel SO lucky to have one of each. Not that I wouldn't have loved another boy because, come on, but I'm just really excited. I feel connected to this pregnancy now more than I have so far! It was hard for me being sick and everything to feel very excited but I sure am now. I'll have to scan in some ultrasound pics to add to this post later, since I'm sure you're all dying to see a set of legs with nothing dangling in between.

Oh yeah, and a name...here's the one we're most likely going with unless we have a really strong feeling she's a Jezabel.

Sauvie Jane (pronounced so-vee)

Sure people will think she's saying Sophie or read it Saavie her whole life. We don't care. We like it.

It comes from the place Shawn's dad grew up. An island outside of Portland called Sauvie Island. It's some French guy's last name but I think it makes a rather cute girl first name.

10 comments:

Kathleen said...

hurray for girls! we're evening out the cousins!

cubby knew exactly the island that you're talking about--cool idea for a name!

laura said...

A GIRL!! Yay, what a great surprise. The cousin ratio was getting a little boy heavy. Beautiful name. If you hadn't already had one in mind I know a 5 year old who would have loved to give you some suggestions.

Melinda said...

Yay, a girl! How exciting!

Tracy said...

Congrats! That is so fun. Daughters are so fun to shop for! Start saving your money now for her American Girl dolls. We are just starting to buy them and holy cow they are expensive!
Cute name!

Adrianna said...

Congrats! It's so awesome that you'll have one of each. I got my pumpkin on Sauvie Island last October. It is a beautiful place and I'll be going back again this year. What a pretty name!

molly said...

yay yay yay! A girl. And, that's so close to my house!!

Sommer said...

That is awesome Whitney! She is going to be so gorgeous and yes you are so lucky to have one of each!!!!

laninaki said...

Sauvie's a cool name. And, again, yay for a little girl! fyi, I'm glad that you're not weird about keeping your kids' names a secret. People who do that are irritating. Nobody has ever known how to say my name, and I've never cared...it's not that big a deal.

Dani said...

Congratulations!!! You are doing it all in the right order. :) And we lived so close to Sauvie Island when we lived in Portland. Great choice of names!

beckie said...

thats funny when I told Steve the other day what the name would be, he said "Sophie?"

congrats.