Friday, April 4, 2008

Wherefore Art Thou Warmth?


Today is April 4th. It is my niece Aubree's 8th birthday. It is usually a sunny, warm good time. Usually. The daffodils should be lush, the tulips should be popping and the trees should be beginning to burst with their allergens. Should be.


It is unseasonably chilly for this time of year and all that is springtime and cheerful is delayed. A glimpse at the 10 day forecast gives us one, just one day in the 60's. Can you even count 60 as "in the 60's"? Who knows.


I'm posting this picture because it's last July 26th. It was my birthday. I was tan. The warm sun is reflecting off of my back, my tan back. I was basking in the hot sun, in a bathing suit drinking diet coke with Shawn (of course, he was drinking lemonade but you get the point). So many of my favorite things in just one photograph. Indeed a thousand words are said but I'll spare you me actually saying them.

I'll end with a brilliant quote from my mother, "I hate winter."

12 comments:

Mary said...

I hate that quote. Ya'll are retarded.

Jessica said...

Look at you all tan with your movie star sunglasses! You look good! I, too, am ready for the warm weather. (I can't say say I'm lovin' Shawn's hat. Doesn't he want a little sun on his face?)

Anja said...

You should move to Oregon, it's been in the 70's almost all week!

Kathleen said...

yeah, i'm sick of winter too...too bad it was 60 today and will be 65 here tomorrow! hehehe...but, i know, i know, the crappy weather that you have today will be here next week--ick.

ps for jessica: the lindseth boys don't do sun on their faces--they prefer to be white and glow-in-the-dark :-). hehehe...

Tracy said...

You do look glamorous! So sorry you have to hide your tan under sweaters. Would it help if I told you I'm going to Florida in a week to bask in the sunlight? No? Oh, well I tried.

Amber said...

Our forecast has nothing but rain, rain and more rain. I feel your pain; I'm sorry for what you are currently being asked to endure. May I recommend Origins sunless tan lotion? It's what gets me through these dark times.

S D Lindseth said...

I'll have you all know that hat is worth over $10,000. It's an antique! It came over on the Santa Maria!

Toni Ludlow said...

I totally agree with you!! I love winter but it gets old!! I ready for warmth!! Lets plan to get together soon by the way! Not just when stupid lindsey is in town :) Hit me up ha ha!

Jill said...

It's stalker time!! But I couldn't resist not commenting on your hot tan self in that picture. I respect you for respecting yourself. You should see how tan Amber is these days. That Origins is AMAZING.

Beckie said...

Ok so we can't all be gorgeous like you, but do you really have to show off?! Just kidding, I can't wait for spring/summer either. I just love winter, but now that I have kids I just want to send them outside!

laura said...

amen to this post. it's quite hard for me to accept the fire and brimstone image of hell. in my mind the depths of hades can only be perpetual winter.

Sechrist Family said...

I HATE summer....I HATE it!!! Do you blame me? Yep, thats right, I LOVE winter!!! Stop crying about winter! Winter is fantastic.