Friday, July 17, 2009

Have You Ever?

Really, really wanted chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream frosting?

Really, really not wanted to make chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream frosting?

Had your husband drive you to three, yes three different grocery stores in search of chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream frosting?

Walked in the front door, shoulders down, head down defeated by the fact that grocery stores seem to only make chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream or white cake with white butter cream?

Slumped down on the couch with tears in your eyes over FREAKING CAKE?

Felt really ridiculous because all you can still think about 24 hours later is this cake?

No? Hm...just wondering.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Whitney, I am a friend of Sommer Finnigans, I read your post, and I must say that although not over cake, I have had the same feelings before. I am 23 weeks pregnant and have feel that way about things once in a while! Welcome to the club!

Monica said...

Where do you live? I know a lot of great bakeries around the good ole United States....I have a thing for baked goods.....We will hunt down this chocolate cake and butter cream frosting....

Kathleen said...

ummm...well, actually, i crave chocolate lasagna (a discontinued olive garden dessert) on a weekly basis. it is chocolate w/white chocolate cream and is the BEST dessert EVER. i feel your pain. i'm so sorry!

Rebecca said...

MMMMMMM, Chocolate!!! Sometimes I can just imagine the scent and m&m's won't cut it. Brownies usually will. I feel your pain.

Beckie said...

Yes and no. I crave/need real, honest to goodness Mexican on a daily basis and today it is freshly made salsa and perfectly salted, thin, warm tortilla chips. Or even a freshly made tortilla, still warm. Alas, I have none. No tears, but even some of my favorite other foods just don't taste as good because I really want Mexican.

Mary said...

Seriously that is when Travis would learn to bake a chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream icing. Train the man I tell you. Cravings have to be met. Because for me they never go away they just get worse. But that's me. Can't wait to see you.

Chynna said...

I relate 100%! I have wanted white birthday cake with strawberry or raspberry filling cold in the fridge for over a month and a half! My mom bought Crew a birthday cake when he was born but it wasn't the right filling!

Anja said...

yeah I agree with Mary, I've sent my husband on many craving runs, only to get something CLOSE but not the same. Doesn't work for a prego woman! Train that man of yours

♥Haze♥ said...

Cravings much....lol

Apryl May said...

can i make it for you? :)

Mame said...

I just wanted to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this story. I mean probably one of the favorites - the only sad part is that you didn't get your cake :o(