Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Last Hurrah

Since Shawn and I both had a long weekend for the holiday, we decided to take one more day off and do a mid-week get away before Baby Berk makes his way into the world. We wandered off to the exotic land of Park City, Utah 40 whole minutes away from our home.
You might notice that while I myself feel vampire white, my husband's skin tone puts Edward Cullen's to shame. Perhaps he should start sunning with his shirt off? I've tried telling him time and time again.
You'd never guess that right after that top picture was taken a big ol' thunderstorm rolled in and it just kept on rollin' all day long. So we ended our pool session and headed for some pedicures. They did a really long foot and leg massage so it was totally worth it and Shawn enjoyed it as well. The part I did not enjoy however is that my nail art looks like a 4 year old did it. That's why you're getting the photo of it, not because I'm proud, but because I'm embarrassed and I need the world, particularly America to know that at least my thoughts were pure as I tried to embrace our nation's birthday through my toes.
Here we are on main street in Park City. I've honestly never walked down Main Street there and it was really a lot of fun. I cannot believe how huge I look in this picture. Especially my face. Holy face.
We got an excellent tip from my co-worker Gretchen. She told me to pick up the local paper because there are always adds for buy one get one free entrees at good restaurants. There were actually like, 10 different buy one get ones to choose from. We ended up going to the Purple Sage and I loved my food. Veal meatloaf over yummy mashed potatoes with roasted brussel sprouts. I love brussel sprouts so much! And they were prepared to perfection.

Our two nights away were really super fun and very relaxing. Anyone want to baby sit so we can do it again next year?

11 comments:

S D Lindseth said...

Why does your camera make it look like I have a gut in that one picture? That is weird since I do 1000 stomach crunches 3 times a day. What a dumb, poorly functioning camera.

Also, skin cancer.

Kathleen said...

What happened to Mt. Rushmore? Shawn, wait til the second baby and see how your gut grows. Also, I agree with Shawn - skin cancer. -- cubby

Tracy said...

I have your sister Mendy to babysit for me when my hubby & I go away for weekend getaways. I hope you find your own Mendy there to watch your baby!
Love the white chest -- he just needs to add sparkles and he's Edward!

Rebecca said...

Pregnancy Empathy is raising it's ungainly head! However, Shawn is sooo much better than Edward! (He's real, for one thing) Of course, I am biased, but, it's true.

Mary said...

I think this may be the first time in our lives that I have ever been tanner than you. Tanner than anyone for that matter, but you still look fabulous. Plus you're spared the peeling flaking nonsense.

Anonymous said...

You don't look big, whit. You look fantastic. I only hope I look that good when I'm prego. I'm glad you guys got a fun get away. I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

How fun, I have to agree with Shawn about his gut, and how patriotic of you to get the flags on your big toes, I don't think it looks that bad, maybe they could have filled in the stars or something, you still have time for another get away right? the summer isn't over yet

Kathleen said...

two words to the lindseth men: VITAMIN D! the sun is our FRIEND. that's great that you had a fun get-away...ah, the good 'ol days, "B.C"--before children!

Ashley said...

I LOVE Park City. I'm so jealous! I actually like the toe nails your sporting. Way to be patriotic!

Beckie said...

I am so glad you got to get away. When you are pregnant it is so nice to relax. The calm before the baby storm. And I think you look great!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun trip!