Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blessing Day

These are Berkley's Great Grandpa Udy's baby booties (so 95 years old).
In our Church we don't do baptisms until a child is at least 8 years old, we believe that children are born without original sin therefore they don't need to be baptised until what we call "the age of accountability." That being said, we do have one religious rite of passage I guess you could call it, that infants have, its called a Blessing, and Berk had his today.

I look absolutely disgusting in our family pictures from today (as Shawn's cousin's son put it this afternoon, and I quote, "good luck losing all that fat from being pregnant" without the conversation being even close to the topic) so all you get is a bombardment of pictures of Berkley Aaron.

Berky's forte...spit bubbles.



Seriously, is he not a doll???





Sweet smirk.



Playing with Aunt Bethany.

16 comments:

Mendy said...

I'm sorry to miss Berk's big day. He sure looks cute. His eyes look really super blue in photo #873. He is a really cutie, Chica!

Anonymous said...

Yep, he is indeed a doll. I'll be honest, I'm laughing really hard because kids say the darndest things, but I probably would have cried. I'm sure he was just saying it because he thinks it applies to every new mom. How old is he??

Chynna said...

Holy crap! He looks like a baby, not the newborn I remember! He is a little stud!

Margie Quilter said...

Thanks for the congrats whit! Berk looks so stink'en cute! kids say the craziest things, I'm positive you look SOO good!!

Allan said...

Yeah, no doubt about it. He's really super cute. I still want to come visit you with Page. I'll talk to her and get the ball rolling.
Oh, and WOW. Those baby booties are so incredible. Amazing. So cool.
-not allan

Mary said...

so cute. and not even one family picture? come on it can't be that bad.

laura said...

oh, whitney, sooooo cute! what a sweet little dude. my favorite is the smirk where you can see his handsome face and his whole dapper ensemble. the booties are amazing...as is the name Udy. miss you guys. wish we could have been there.

Melinda said...

How cute! He certainly know how to smile for the camera!

Kathleen said...

'love those baby blue eyes! very darling. those are great booties too! cubby and i didn't even know they existed! very cool.

Beckie said...

He is so beautiful!!! I just wish I could see him and hold him and love him. Wish it was the Sechrist Christmas year.

Ashley said...

So cute!!! Love the high chair, by the way; you are very creative!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Oh he is so adorable, I can't wait to meet him

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

Oh he is so adorable, I can't wait to meet him

The Wiseman Life said...

He is so adorable.... I just loved the shoes! Thanks for inviting us to the big day! Sorry we had to eat and run....lol

Ashley said...

That is so neat that he was able to wear his grandpa's shoes. Do you plan on passing that to his kids one day? I love traditions like that. He is, as always, adorable. Gotta love the spit bubbles!
You always look cute...I don't believe the kid!

Tracy said...

Those pictures are tooo cute! What a special day. You can never take too many pictures of your baby!