Friday, October 14, 2011

Family of Four

For sure a favorite, but what's Berkley doing?
My friend Melinda took our family portraits this year.  She shoots in film, which I love.  There is just a certain richness and color quality you get in film that I don't see in digital...even well edited digital.  Plus she's super talented.  Her husband also snaps away during the shoot but he does in digital.  Don't get me wrong, digital has some major good pros over film so that's why I'm glad to have both.  Only I haven't seen John's yet so here are Melinda's.    And warning, I tried to condense but there are still a bunch!

Not sure she wants to smile but she's a cutie!

Daddy and Berky are quite a pair.



Handsome men


Another favorite!  I kinda like the full length.



Maybe Shawn and I should have had our fingers in our mouths too?
Uh, CUTE

Uh, also CUTE

Kind of random but I actually like it a lot...

Pretty eyes

Another favorite for sure, I love Sovie's hand on Berkley's arm

That lizard was in a tree at the park and it was pretty upsetting when we tried to take it away, hence it's in a bunch of pictures.  I love this picture though, especially with the lizard.  What a boy!

I like the gradual steps of our heads in this one




Just a few of us playing...


Super kids!

Maybe someday they'll want me written out of their lives...if so this is the perfect shot.  

Amber, this one's for you.




While I think Melinda did a fabulous job, it is the nature of children that there aren't many with everyone looking!  What do you guys think?  Favorites?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love them ALL! You have an adorable family!

Van Ry Clan of Layton Ave said...

I love them all, those kids are so cute, did the lizard make it home with you guys?

Rebecca said...

I LOVE them. Thanks for sharing.

Danny and Sarah Kerns said...

Sovie looks just like you. Your kids are adorable!

amibelle said...

great shots! I especially like the 5th one where berk and sovie are lookin at each other. what a good looking family!

Kathleen said...

sooooo gorgeous!! you guys always end up with such beautiful pictures...must be b/c you're all so good-looking!

Apryl said...

LOVED THEM!! Especially the lighting of the ones with you and shawn. My favorite was the one of you guys holding up the kids where you can see both of their profiles. and i really like the first one! and also the 5th one and the 8th one!!

Mary said...

Okay so many thoughts, but after editing: I love the contrast of these super beautiful pictures to the profile picture at right, two the one where Shawn is picking you up and your kissing - for Amber - oh my visual I didn't need of other things and it doesn't even look like Shawn, and third, these pictures are gorgeous and you all look great. I've always thought you were pretty but you just keep getting prettier, man I hate your guts.

beckie said...

Great pictures and great clothing choices. I love the one of Shawn and the kids. Its funny to me, like he is juggling.

You look really good too.

Dani said...

Beautiful pictures lady!! You have such a gorgeous family. I absolutely love the two pictures with just the kids. They are so adorable! And I have to say I love how Sovie just fills up her leggings. She looks delicious to nibble on!

Sarah C. said...

You're always so pretty, Whitty. Truth.

Rachelle said...

oh whitney, you look beautiful, and your kids are so so cute. i love all of them. i even love the ones when you are just interacting with each other and no one is looking at the camera. that's real life!

Sommer said...

Wow these family pictures are so so good! Whitney you have such a beautiful family! Yeah good luck picking just a few, I loved them all!!!

Allan said...

Beautiful family, your kids are unbelievable cute. You look so pretty too. Ok, so now I don't want to leave out your husband, he looks great too. Love the little vest, I wished I had a handsome little vest to put Merritt in when we took some photos, it's so perfect.

Allan said...

And ps of course it's me Miriam