Monday, March 29, 2010

Hare Krishna

Every year the Hare Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork, Utah has The Festival of Colors. I'm not sure if they do it everywhere, but they do it here and its a lot of fun...a little different with an infant but still fun.
We met up with Shawn's sisters Amy and Bethany and our nephew Kaden to celebrate spring and throw colored, chalky, powdery goodness around. Berky was even pretty excited about it. He was talking and screaming at people, I think because they were very brightly colored and looked pretty silly. Towards the end he got tired and we took off but still, it makes me feel good when I'm able to get out and do things. Sometimes it feels like I can't do anything with a baby but that's not really true. Last Saturday Berky flapped his arms at Johnny Depp's portrayal of the Mad Hatter and this Saturday he became a cultured Hare Krishna boy. What's next? Stay tuned for first baby in space...

3 comments:

Mary said...

Bethany could be Kody's mother.

molly said...

I have been looking for a Holi festival around Portland since I moved back and haven't found one. I am so so jealous!!

Amber said...

Your child is so cultured. Look at you having him experience so many things.